Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tales of a "home room mom"

You know at the beginning of the year when they send out the form that is asking you to volunteer at school as well as "check here" if you want to be the home room mom? Of course, I'll volunteer in the class to cut 5,000 circles and print 10,000 copies. I'm not even scared of the double sided copies..watch yourself I'm a pro now.. What what! I digress... Back to the home room mom part..That title seems scary to me but I went for it ..On this sheet I wrote "I would do it if no one else could". Duh?! Apparently EVERYONE and their dogs know not to do that cuz guess who got home room mom. Oh yeah-you know it.

I love to entertain and have parties so I really don't mind. I just can't believe out of 23 sets of parents I am the only one who volunteered. There are only 2 class parties to plan.. No big deal. First grade parents are still pretty involved so I've had a lot of help. 

Here's my first party...

                    First, a parade around the school.
Next, games!  This one was "Roll a Jack-o-Lantern".  Excuse the fuzzy phone pics..there is only so much a mom can do.
Another game- Feel in the bag and guess what it is? Pumpkin teeth?  Witch Warts?  Fingers?
No hands do-nut eating contest...no allergies in this class HOLA!
                            The Mummy Wrap.
                              What is that I feel?
                              The class photo. A bunch of teethless monsters...so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment