Friday, July 29, 2011

Anybody out there, wanna have a cold beer?

Recently, My mom and I were chatting and over heard Jaxson playing with his cars singing "Am I the Only One" by Dierks Bentley...if you know this song you know it is hardly appropriate for him to be singing.  Just shows what a sponge kids are!  We just laughed because he knew every word and just like a kid cursing it's funny to hear...but bad, bad, bad!  :)  We had a talk and he told me "he already knows that he can only sing it at home or with Daddy".  Ha! 

Anyway...On the same lines of this song I saw this oh so cute book club party for The Help coming out on movie soon.  I got sad-I am like..."is there anybody out there, wanna have a chick party with me?"...I miss my friends!  It's hard to make friends when your old.  I have made one friend, she is very sweet but she is very young (no kids, in school, stays out late, and wakes up late) but nevertheless she's a friend and someone to talk to.  It beats me following people around the grocery store saying "wanna be my friend?"...is that pathetic- yup!  But I'm okay with it. 

I know friends will come with time...  Until then- someone have this Help party...and serve this...
 Southern sweet treats like Pecan Pie, Pineapple Cake, or Cream Cheese Blueberry Pie? Or, some fun drinks inspired by each of the main characters?

The “Skeeter:” Sweet, strong and a little spicy.
Ingredients:

1 oz. José Cuervo’s Platino silver tequila
1/2 oz. Patron Citronge Orange Liqueur
1/2 oz. cranberry juice
1/2 orange, squeezed
2 thin jalapeño slices

The “Aibileen:” Subtle, smooth and strong.
Ingredients:

1/2 oz amaretto
1 1/2 oz Kahlua
1 oz cream

The “Minny:” Strong, with a kick.
Ingredients:

2 oz. Vanilla Vodka
1 oz. Cointreau
2 Dashes Lemon Juice
1 Dash Simple Syrup

The “Hilly:” Sour and chilled, with a sharp twang.
Ingredients:

2 oz apple brandy
1/2 tsp powdered sugar
juice of 1/2 lemons
1/2 slice lemon
1 cherry
The “Celia:” Sugary sweet, a true Southern treat.
Ingredients:

1 oz. Bourbon
1 oz. Rum, light
1 oz. Schnapps, peach
1 oz. Triple Sec
1 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Yukon Jack
1/2 oz. Grenadine
Fun, Fun!
When I make new friends...we WILL do this!!


2 comments:

  1. :( You will definitely make friends soon. You're so stinking likable! Seriously! Have you tried joining a mom's group or something? Church is a great place to meet friends, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be in DC the rest of the year so I will definitely come party with you and we can try every one of those drinks! Added bonus - I already read the book! (Megan)

    ReplyDelete