Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mission Complete...on to the next.

I am feeling pretty proud today.  I ran..(RAN being key word) a whole 5K.  Only 5 short weeks ago I started running...first time in my life!  When you have a marathon-er in your house, 3.1 miles doesn't seem like much so I tend to be harder on myself.  C'mon someone is running 26.2 miles my measly 3.1 seem like nuttin' honey.  Our goal was 11 minute mile and we did 10.5 minute mile...greatness!  It felt great..AND a free beer at the end never tasted sooo good!  Now we are going to bump it up to a 10k, then a half and then...well that's all folks.  Not a bone in this body has a desire to run any further than that...thank you very much!
Thank you sweet Lauren for doing this with me.  It's great fun, great girl time and let me tell you the after party that happens to fall on Cinco de Mayo is priceless.  Thanks for hosting.  Ole'!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! And who knows, after you run that half you might have to keep going! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete