Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A runners low...

Boo this running business! It's for the friggin birds!! Today I ran 8 looooonnnng miles and hated every. Single. Minute. I wanted to quit...I still do want to quit. It was that miserable!

I thought only Texas had crazy weather...We skipped spring in MD. It literally went from 30 to 90 degrees in a couple days. Every inch of my body was soaked. At mile 5, I had to walk, I switched from booty bumping music to worship music-I pushed through and by the grace of God made it 3 more miles. My fingers were like sausages-I have to run with my hands raised for fear that they might bust off my hand. I was alone..I had goosebumps.. Then I freaked myself out thinking 'if I pass out how long til someone finds me? Corey didn't even know I was out running.'

Running friends please tell me that you felt this way at least a few times. I feel it more often than not. Race day is only 3 weeks away.

While I was running, I asked myself why I was doing this? Why short runs mixed with Zumba wasn't enough for me. All I could come up with was that I want the friggin' frederick half marathon pull over and a shirt that says "13 point freakin' one". Is that really a reason to make myself this crazy? I'm thinking not.

I am not a quitter...I said I would and I will but I have no idea why and I can't wait to have it over with!

I vow to never again run alone..it made me crazy and almost a quitter. I clearly need to run my jaws to be a good runner.

Hopefully, I'll have a better running story to tell you after the weekend when I have my running partner back..although this time it's 9 miles! Ahhhhh!





No comments:

Post a Comment