Sunday, April 21, 2013

GI Noooooooooooooo's


Are you sick of hearing about my running?  Last week you got lucky because I was too pissed (and sick) with my running situation to mention or write about it.

Last Saturday I ran 9 miles...running was not the problem.  It was the aftermath.  Every time I have ran over 7 miles I get really bad GI issues.  Last week it was like near death- no joke!  I had cramps like contractions and a serious bout of the runs..sorry TMI!  As I laid in bed on my Saturday night, I was sending hate messages to Lauren and giving Corey the evil eye.  I was done.  How retarded that I am doing this to myself, my family, my body!  MISERABLE I WAS!  Sunday came and I was still under the weather..it felt like a bad hangover- (not that I know what that feels like- haha).  I began reading online and I thought I totally had it nailed.  Not enough fuel!  Which seems crazy until you really think about what you are putting your body through.  All I ate that day was a bowl of cereal, sandwich and chips and a couple Gatorade's   I thought I had it all figured out.

By Wednesday, my crazy ass was ready to run again.  I became friends with Lauren again. I realized I am just jealous of her stomach of steel- not fair!  Fast forward to today we had our 11 miler.  I started fueling yesterday, lots of water and added carbs.  Today, I ate all high protein and good for you stuff (coffee, apple and pb, water, cliff bar, water,  banana and pb, water, water, water).  I did take an Imodium before and after my run.

We ran 11 miles in an hour and 55 mins...yup!   I did that and I was proud.  I really felt fine.  During the run I did drink about 8oz. of Gatorade.  Right after I drank a refuel Gatorade shake thing, a banana, and a whole gatorade.  An hour later- GI troubles!  Sooooo annoying!  What am I doing wrong?

That was our last long run before the actual race.  I can handle the issues one more time but I would really rather not.  What gives?  Have you had this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment