Saturday, September 7, 2013

Meal Swap.

I had the idea a few months ago to get some friends together and meal swap. Two of us did it together and it was awesome so we invited more to join. Man, 8 different meals in your freezer every 3-4 weeks is super awesome!

This is how we do it. There are 4 of us as more than that would be too hectic in my opinion...cooking more than 8 meals would be too overwhelming. Each of us choose 2 recipes and make 4 of each. You keep one of each for yourself and you give each of the others 2. 

If you are overwhelmed and trying to simplify-start a meal swap. As long as you can remember to take one of the freezer in the morning it works like a charm. That's 8 less meals you have to plan. And even cooler is that often they are not anything you have ever tried and different than the same ol same ol. 

It does take about 2 hours for me to get my meals made. Most times my recipes will make more and i have 9-10 meals.. extra is always bonus. I often use those for families with new babies, or just someone in need... or just one more for us. Typically, we set a time to meet at someone's house or a park and we get to swapping. 

Most meals we have swapped are recipes we have found on Pinterest and the Internet is full of them too. 

Happy Swapping! 

2 comments:

  1. your idea you sure it wasn't my idea :) I to and very thankful for this and our meals in my freezer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that a year or so ago, it was nice! I need to find some gluten free peeps that would want to do it again, it was nice when life got a little crazy!

    ReplyDelete