Thursday, June 12, 2014

Giving.

You know how people suck?  Yeah me too.  I am one of those people...I have battered and bruised others and have been battered and bruised by others.  Did you know that church people are just people and they suck too?!  Yeah...I am one of those too.  That's a hard one...you mean people that go to church are not perfect?  Hummm..weird!

It happened a church a few years back...you get hurt by the church or someone at church and you get totally turned off.  Then you re-coup go back or to a different church and what?!  Same thing again.  Well duh...church people need Jesus- we all do.  So mow over the issue and let new flowers bloom.

I get discouraged, I get worn down, I get battered and bruised but every time I do, I pray harder and guess what ..prayer works!

I was wearing thin on the fundraising...people ALWAYS want something for nothing and I give it to them, personally and in business.  People always have a cause and those causes always get me right in gut.  Then it is my turn to need something and I get a door slammed...or so it felt.  But you know what?!  I will keep giving because that is what I am called to do.  Christ wants us to love and give- shew!  At least I am good at those...(most the time).

Maybe just one day I will give someone the feeling I had one recent morning.  When a door was slammed another opened...
We were at a stand still with our host program...we needed $1,000...omg!  That's a lot of money.  We needed it in 20 days.  One night I got an email from a friend saying that someone wanted to donate.  I gave her the info and the next morning- BOOM!  $500 in our fund!  I see the name of the family who donated, I do not know them at all, I don't know how they knew our story or what we were doing, but they wanted to donate to us- to Mark.  Wow- what a feeling.  This family has no idea what a burden they have taken off my shoulders.  I am over the moon grateful.

In the last week, we have had more donations- monetary and stuff.  Graciously, Corey's parents have included Mark in our Disney plans too.  Many years in planning to FINALLY go to Disney and we get to take Mark too! 

7 days until he gets here and I am already feeling so blessed to have him in my life.  Love seeing God at work and can not see what is in store for the weeks to come! 
 

1 comment: