Monday, March 18, 2013

When coughing strikes..

As in previous post mentioned I AM running a half marathon in about 6 weeks. The last 3 weeks have been great! I totally surprised myself.. I can do it! I know I can!!

Then ...Wouldn't you know week 3 I would get sick?!

Last week I loved and hated at the same time. While we had a lot of family in town it was a great non stop time. It wouldn't have been near as fun to not have a least one sickie in the group. Last week it was Jaxson, he had the coughs, in which he gets a couple times a year no big deal right. Keep him home and sitting as much as possible, a couple sleepless nights and we are good. Well come Wednesday we were not so lucky! He had developed pneumonia. By Friday he was on the upswing but then I went down. Fever, cough, cough, hack, hack! Like the deep down nasty cough that just plain hurts! I have not ran in a week. What does that mean for my training I worry but after reading article, after article online I have come to the conclusion that it's best I just don't run until the cough is gone. If that means no running for 2 weeks so be it. Total suck!! Who says I can't train for a half in 4 weeks?! I'll let you know how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment