Friday, June 14, 2013

Oh, she's totally a rookie!

Life of a kindergarten parents.. Goes something like this...

Literally walk to the bus stop before and after school with your child until at least the last month of school.. Then you wave from the driveway the last 4 weeks. Next year you buy them an alarm and a timer and they are responsible to get to and from by themselves.. Eh?!

Volunteer biweekly and be the best damn copier maker and pattern cutting fool you ever did meet.

Buy from every friggin' fundraiser that comes home... Even if its 3 weekly.. No joke!

Volunteer for class party... Twice. Get put at the messiest station..twice.

Do homework every night and sign off... Must. Sign. Off. Or you WILL receive the dreaded highlighted strike where your initials should have been. Don, don, doooon!

Both Corey and I take off work for the big awards show. Literally lasted 10 mins and we found out everyone gets an award by the end of the year. Oh geez.

Volunteer at the Spring festival where you will babysit kids and parents can have social hour.

Volunteer at field day where half day was freezing rain and the next half day was 93 degrees.. Holy hotness!!! What a difference a couple days make.. I thought only Texas had crazy weather..

For field trips parents are put in a lottery to chaperone because in Kindergarten parents still actually care and want to be with their kids...I won! I won!!! To the nature center I went...snakes, spiders and poison ivy!  Oh My!  Next year I hope to be picked for the theater as my neck hairs are still standing from that trip.

All this to say, I didn't mind a minute of it..(ok maybe the fundraisers..I don't want any more crap or any more ass dimples from the sugar!)

I love how excited Jaxson gets when I walk in the classroom and all his classmates whisper "Jaxson your mom is here" and he jumps up in excitement and runs to give me a hug.

I love how I get a glimpse into his classroom life and typical day.

He loves me being there and I love that. I am very grateful I have a job that allows me to do so!

I will cherish these times because soon enough I will be so uncool and so unwanted.. Tear!

All this to say I'm always just laughing at the "Rookie Mom" I have been this year.. Wouldn't trade it for the world.  One year in the books- check!

Happy Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment