Friday, July 19, 2013

No good very bad day.

Be careful what you wish y'all, you just might get it. 
So this week we had some dear friends visiting from Texas. Monday and Tuesday I had expected to work and this week we have had a ridiculous heat wave blow through. It's hotter than hades. Wednesday I was suppose to have off as well as the remainder of the week to hang with our company. Tuesday at lunch time, my fill in for Wednesday called out, so I was going to have to work and I was pissed. No sooner did I let our friends visiting know I wasn't going to get to hang the next day I hear a ...

Clunk, clunk, clunk, BOOM! While riding to our afternoon classes. "Dad? What was that?" As we stare out the front window of the bus-in shock, all we see is smoke. Not a "FUN" day on the Fun Bus after all. 

Our big green baby has to get towed and I haven't seen her since...today we will get her back, not before we pay $5,200-ouch!!
Well played God, well played. Not exactly what I was thinking when I wanted the day off. Just be careful what you pray for, friends.

Today I am so thankful for a job! 

I'm thankful for a successful summer on the bus that's going to pay for the repairs. 

I am thankful my dad was driving that day because I would have been scared out of my mind. He was so calm. 

I am thankful for 4 great girls that we have on a regular bases to cover when we need a break.. Even if one couldn't work when I really wanted a day off. ;) 

I am thankful for great friends who came to visit that kept my mind off the bus tragedy and expenses! 

I am thankful the bus chose this week during a ridiculous heat wave to break down because we surely would have died in this heat... It's crazy hot! No joke. 




No comments:

Post a Comment