Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back. To. School...Robyn Style

This week I started my last semester of college (yes, the 12 year plan..no comments please and thank you).  A little back ground here...I quit school when I was 23 and went to work in the real world at a "real job".  It was fun and the money was nice!  But around May every year I would get depressed that I didn't follow through with me lifetime goal of becoming a teacher and having summers off with my kiddos.  Mind you I never thought I could do the WHOLE year off as a stay at home mom...and I still don't think I ever could (someone please remind me of this is a few months when I am working).  The job I was at last December took a turn for the worse just in time for me to stand back and re evaluate my life goals.  I love kids...I mean who else do you know that gets excited to drive through school zones to see all those sweet faces eager, innocent and brilliant!  I thank God every day for this because while we have made some huge sacrifices to make this happen it is working out for the very best... just as I hoped it would!


So back to school for my last semester...yay!!!  My first day back was nothing I expected.. it was unlike the other 2 first days I had in the past year...instead of being so gitty, excited and ready to learn I walked into 2 classrooms that I just knew I would be miserable in for the next 4 months...so what else so I do but go talk to my advisor switch a couple things around...and drum roll please....I GET TO GO TO FRANCE!  ...Yes, France...the one on the other side of the world.  While I am very skeptical about leaving my lil' family, I am sooooo incredibly excited about the opportunity to take such a trip and finish my college experience off Robyn style, baby!  Chirp, chirp!

I do have to thank my totally awesome, great, and wonderful husband for helping me see what an opportunity it is and encouraging me to go.  I have no doubt in my mind he will fine with the kiddos.  I love you, baby!

3 comments: