Saturday, December 22, 2012

Kids in a bubble and the great panic!

So Tuesday Corey was very sick. Stomach bug sick, horrible, no fun! This was the first time this week that I needed a bubble to put the kids in! One week before Christmas-there is surely no time for it to hit all of us... Then crap, it hit Annabelle and then yesterday it was me. Boo!

Another moment this week where this bubble would have come handy ....We made Christmas cookies (again). We decorated in them all Christmas-y and it was a good ol messy time! The next morning while packing Jaxson lunch he begged to take a cookie and out of 2 dozen cookies he chose the one that said "Jesus" on it. He even said "I want to take Jesus to school and show my friends" and BAM! I need that bubble again..I need the bubble because I am not sure of the beliefs at school and it scares me that it wouldn't be 'cool' to love Jesus...or like Santa someone might tell him it's untrue. Only one semester of school down for the boy and I know it's out there.. It happens.. Kids are mean and others are bad and then there are some that just don't believe what we believe. OMG, what's a mom todo? For now I just keep on keeping on...teach them what's right and wrong, share my beliefs and morals and hope and pray that they follow suit! One thing about living in the North East is that it is very diverse! Coming from bible beatin' Texas it is not so often you meet someone from another religion. Being my second Christmas here I am finding it even more so that Christ is not part of the season like he should be. Very few people in the school system or in the business world will reply back with a Merry Christmas...it is so weird! I mean hello!? Jesus is the reason for the season...what is everyone hustling and busting around for if they are not celebrating Christmas?! Anyway, I preaching to the choir here because I think all 3 of you who read my blog are Christian... Just venting!

Let's talk about panic for a minute... This year 90% of my shopping was done the weekend of thanksgiving. Yay me! So really I got to sit back and relax the rest of the time.. In my case I had some time to get sick. Even though I was done this week I still had the panic a few days before. the kinda panic where your in a store and you just start picking crap up because your not sure why but you might need it?! Ugh- yeah that was me today.. Can you say annoying?!

Lastly, there are a couple more days to "light someone up" (good deeds that is-see previous post). We have done some and it's fun, it feels good and it a great teaching tool for the kids. Big or small just do it!

2 days until Christmas! Only 2 nights left to hide Elfis, super sad about this! We really enjoy have that little brat around!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Robyn! Jesus is the reason for the season. But you are right Texas is the Bible belt living there myself I can say there is a difference here in MD. But we need more Christians and people spreading the truth. So good thing you are here and doing your best raise those little Wheaties knowing Jesus!

    ReplyDelete