Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Testing..testing...

4 more sleeps until the BIG race.  I am excited but more nervous than anything.  Last night I thought to myself-"I've never been good at test." (in which this race is a test- right?)  I quickly reminded myself that, that statement was indeed not true...anymore that is.

If you remember, I returned to college at 29 years old.  It had been 6 years since I had been in school.  The first time around, I was not good at test...probably because I did not apply myself (Watch yourself -my mom is about to jump into me...).  Perhaps actually going to class, being interested in the subject, getting the right amount of sleep and not distorting myself with alcohol was part of my testing issue...just sayin'

Turns out I was a honor student- yup!  Me, a honor student!  Still blows my mind.  I guess you do get wise with age.  Anyway, so applying that back to my thought this week.  This race was my test, yes I am nervous but just like I was when I would take a test in school BUT I breathed a little easier knowing that I prepped for the test...and results showed.

So, with 8 weeks under my belt of running my little heart out, I am as prepared as I'll ever be!  I have prepare but running faithfully and A LOT, I am interested in it and I like running (when I am done), I get good sleep and I don't drink (for now).

Let's do this damn thing!

1 comment:

  1. You are gonna rock this race, Robbie! Just have fun and enjoy the ride - and drink a damn cold one when you are through! Cheers!!!!

    ReplyDelete