Monday, May 6, 2013

Things I have learn training for 13.1...

Running a lot does not make me skinny! Bummer..huh! I actually gained a few pounds and my butt is a little more ghetto than it already was. Corey turns into a bean pole when he is training so I was hopeful. Not the case for me.

Chewing gum helps me run. Helps with breathing, helps with dry mouth, you can blow bubbles and it takes your mind off running...

The ability to tell someone you ran 13.1 miles feels amazing!

ASIC shoes kill my heels..this is the case in running and Zumba. No more Asics for me. I ran my half in Nike but I love New Balance too.

There are lots of fat people and old people that run faster and better than me!

I should drink 65 ounces of water on any given day. 90 ounces the day before a long run. Hints my GI issue..I was not even close to that on my long runs. 100 ounces before my half and I was golden..no stomach issues!

Running is a total mind game. If you think you can't then you won't!

Sports beans make me crazy! They made me feel like I was on drugs... Not my thing. You don't need enhancements. Just believe you can and you will.

Running is addicting.

Trail running is my favorite! It's peaceful and pretty.

Excuse are for sissies! Just RUN! Put on your damn shoes and go! Walk if you must but get out there!

Dry shampoo and shower caps are a must!

I have to make the time to run and sometimes there are sacrifices to do so! I never regret going! Never!

Ice baths sound miserable, but at this point with the knee pain I'm thinking that could have been helpful.. Maybe not even a full submerge just packs of ice would have helped I bet...

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Robyn!
    Great accomplishment. Im still trying train for a 10K. Not much luck at my end. I remembered when you thought Corey was nuts for running marathons, especially enjoying them much less. Keep running girl!

    ReplyDelete