Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love is in the air.

I am not crazy about Valentine's for the same reason everyone else...it's a Hallmark holiday and blah blah blah.  I do however love a party, I love decorating, I adore sweets, and like to give and get gifts.  I get so mad at myself because I can't keep a surprise.  If I have a gift I want to give it immediately..this is a problem.  I have all these great ideas but I can't do them to early because I can't keep a surprise ...but then when it comes time I always run out of time to do the surprise like I wanted or its all just rushed and then I am stressed.  Ugh...an evil cycle.  I had a bunch of ideas but when it came down to it ...I was out of time.  So Valentine's this year was kinda just thrown together.  So here is some pics of my half a** attempts....
 The kids Valentine's to their classmates.
 Annabelle's craft.
 Jaxson's craft.
 My craft to Corey...I love this idea.  We often write notes to each other on the mirror in the bathroom...so now we have an official place for our love notes.
Funny story about this little craft...on a cold, cold day my dad and I decided to take the kids on a "hike" to find the perfect branch for our project...Somehow we ended up poison ivy free but not without lots of tears and thorn bush wounds...2 small children on a "hike"..in a place not made for hiking is a recipe for disaster.  Nonetheless, we found a perfect branch to paint and hang all our Valentine crafts on...it turned out fun in the end. 
 God, I love these precious kids!
 A card a few of our Fun Bus kids gave to Dad and I ...what a treat. 
and lastly...this is what our Valentine's evening looked like.  9 of my favorite people!  We had a party while a couple parents went out and a couple parents were stuck at work.  Corey, Papi and I conquered...we even had 8 of the 9 in bed at 9pm.  We had a great time.
Live.  Laugh.  LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!

    Your children are so darn precious! I really miss ya'll!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE you all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete