Sunday, April 1, 2012

Rose, Thorn, and Buds

For the past few weeks at dinner we go around the table and get a chance to share our "Rose, Thorn and Bud" for the day. 

Rose- something good that happen in the day
Thorn- something not so good
Bud- something new

I saw the idea in a parenting magazine and I thought it was super cheesy but that did not stop me from implementing it into our days.  It is really fun and it gives us a chance to talk about our day.  We are having a good time with it.  You can only imagine some of the funny things we hear from a 5 and 3 year old. 

Some of my favorites...
My rose was when I beat mommy to the car to hug daddy when he got home from work. -Jaxson
My rose was when Josh (the neighbor) brought me a flower (a dandelion).- Annabelle
Of course...I can't think of any the best ones right now..darn it...we laugh so hard at what the kids have to say.

I will share mine today...
Rose..I actually have 2.  One is that Jaxson sang in church today and it melted my heart.  I always love when the kids sing in church but when it is your child...my heart be still. 
My other Rose was that I successfully pulled off 3 April Fool's jokes on Corey...BaHaaa!  So FUN!  When will he learn that EVERY Sunday I put tape on the squirter in the kitchen sink.  Never gets old I tell ya.  Another was I poured nail polish out on wax paper and let it dry for a day then I left it in Annabelle's room on the hard wood floor...oh you should have heard is growl on that one.  Ha!  and last but not least I couldn't resist blowing the air horn right when he dozed off on the couch.  I know, I know...laugh it up chuckles...paybacks are hell but worth it.  Love you Core!
My thorn was ??  hummm. I can't remember.  That's a good day when you don't have an immediate thorn.
My bud was that I ran with a sweet friend today...we are working up to a 5K.  It feels good to run...who knew.
What was your Rose, Thorn and Bud today?...

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet idea! I love it!
    Rose - Samuel and Levi tried to pick up the slack today to make me feel better when I was sick.
    Thorn - I have a tummy bug.
    Bud - I'm trying to convince Michael to run a marathon with me for our 10th anniversary in December.

    ReplyDelete