Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gettin' Fresh

Time after time I have heard of Potagers in Arlington and Corey and I finally had the opportunity to check it out and man am I ever glad I did.  It is very unique and a little bit overwhelming at first...even after I have read review after review about it.  I told the chef right off this was our first time and he was very helpful- (I must add that he was a laid back guy that had smoked a doobie or 2 in his life time).  It's a small eatery that feels just like home.  There is a menu for the day on a chalkboard and you choose a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  When you are done with that plate you can go for second...and/or dessert too.  It's all locally grown organic food- you can totally tell.  The food is great and the atmopshere is quite granola-y...fun experience.  At the end you pay what you want into a tin(with assistance of a recommended pricing scale posted).  And that is that.  So go try it out...you will not be disappointed.

While I am getting fresh...I must also tell you about Corey fabulous birthday dinner at Ellerbe in Fort Worth.  While this place has the same kinda thing going on with the locally grown organic food- this one is much more upscale.  We don't do meals like this often...lets be honest a student's budget doesn't allow it -but every once in a while we splurge and this time it was a nice treat!  We had a great server that helped with all our selections.  Beware to animal loving people out there- there are some items on the menu that probably WILL offend you- like them serving rabbit in honor of Easter- Poor EB...didn't have a chance... needless to say I did not order that.  I stuck with fish with sauce I could have bathed in ...in which I am sure added a couple dimples somewhere...Corey had lamb- which I must admit was fabulous!  We split a salad and a side and them splurged on 2 desserts...carrot cake and the BEST bread pudding EVER known to man...(better that Chef's point...I think...this is huge!).  So next time you have a celebration go here...ask for Scott (no we are not related- I just love a good server).

No comments:

Post a Comment