Friday, April 1, 2011

Caught Ya!

Jaxson is a really good boy in general...but he's 4 and occasionally he falls off track.  I have tried a couple of systems like a "chore chart" and they haven't really worked past a couple days.  We started to introduce him to the money thing and him understanding the concept of money but right now it really doesn't work.  So I decided to do a Caught ya chart- he knows what is expected of him and when we catching him doing something without being told he gets a caught ya- which is a sticker for his chart, once he gets 5 stickers he gets to pick a treasure (mostly dollar store buys, occasionally a happy meal or ice cream) it has worked great!  He seems to be all about it when it's on HIS time...but if it gets done what do I care. 

He's cleaned his room without being told, he's sat with us at dinner every night at tried my food a couple times, he always asks to be excused when he is done and he helps his sister all the time. 

Mission accomplished...for now...



Funny Side Note:  Yesterday I was getting ready and I heard Jaxson talking in the next room, I just assumed it was to Annabelle.  But in he walks into where I was and says "I just got off the phone with Audrey.  We are going on a date- to No Frill's.  We are going to eat nachos with cheese AND beans and then we are going to race cars in the arcade.  She told me to tell you hi."  It was hysterical...This must make Corey and Poppy so proud!...nothing like a hot date at No Frills Grill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment