Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New Beginnings...

It's official.  In just 5 short weeks...we are moving... to Maryland!  We are very excited.  It has been a long time coming!  We need a change in scenery...we are stuck in rut.  When Jaxson was about 2 months old Corey came to me and wanted to move....at the time it was Oregon.  I was quick to say no!  I was floored he would even ask -but if you know Corey at all you know he is very adventurous and very driven ...and at the time he needed a change.  It was just really bad timing..we were trying to figure out the whole parenting thing and I could not think beyond that.  Now 4 and a half years later and I get it...I totally get it.  We need a change...and after ALOT of thought and prayer we are leaving Texas.  Of course -we will be back to visit often..and the Cowboys, Rangers, and Mavs will always be our teams...and anyone who wants to visit is seriously welcome! 

Why Maryland you ask?  Well..I will give you the top 5 reasons...
1.  It's gorgeous there!  Trees..BIG HUGE trees and NO billboards on the road (pet peeve of ours-ugh..so ugly).
2.  Casey and Michael and family are there...built in friends!
3.  They have 4 whole seasons!  Yes, it's cold in winter but the beautiful Fall and spring make up for that.
4.  There are beaches and mountains very close. 
5.  There is more to do there than in DFW...which is a whole stinkin' lot!  Living here all our lives and never have run out of anything to do- so finding a place measuring up to a family on the go ALL the time is a great match for us!

We have some really FUN stuff going on ...more on that coming very soon! 

4 comments:

  1. Yay for you!

    So excited that you are going to be closer to your brothers! I know that is hard for ya'll!!

    Good for you!

    WooHoo for new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all will be SOOOOO missed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for y'all, but I do have to admit when I was reading it at work I started to tear up. I'm going to miss all of you so much! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all will be missed very much, but I am so excited about your new adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete