Monday, April 4, 2011

Won'tcha take me to...Funkytown!

Corey and I had a hot date on Saturday night.  My parents volunteered to take the kids to see Hop...which might I add Jaxson said it was the "best movie he's seen"...I'll let you be the judge.  I am no sure what I think about ol' EB poopin' jelly beans ...but I will say how cute it is now that Annabelle's refers to all bunnies as "EB" (stands for Easter Bunny...if your a few sandwiches short of a picnic).  Annabelle's first movie theater adventure and she did great...

Anyways...we started off our date at Fireside Pies on 7th.  I have been to Fireside Pies on Greenville which was awesome...the atmosphere just makes it.  We wanted to sit on the patio because it was a beautiful day but their patio is for cocktails only- very disappointing.  The food was great, the service was great- we shared pizza and salad.  It was a little over priced and nothing compared to the one on Greenville.

We then went to the Love Shack on 7th to meet some friends for some drinks.  We have been here several times- great patio, good food, kid friendly, but rude bartenders.  This is where I should tell you ...our night goes on and on from here... Corey and I headed to 7th Haven- we always wanted to go there.  They have a cleaver billboard they change out weekly and a patio on the roof.  When we walked into this place everyone yelled "yay" (employees and patrons) made us feel great...Their roof patio was grand ...great view of good ol' Funkytown.  After this we met back up with friends and were talked into going to Capital Bar- we have been there several times as well...this place it great for this time of year-very nice, music playing and patio!  Finally I will tell you about TACO HEADS- their tacos are almost as good as my mom's which is a huge deal.  Taco Heads is a trailer- reminds me alot of what you see in Austin...the lightly fried, perfectly tender with slaw and avocado = Love...true love.    

And that's all folks...how's that for a hot date?  So go..try out some fabulous places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment